On my last day in Vancouver I hopped over to Stanley Park for a hike around. I decided to walk the perimeter of the park on the seawall which is about 9 kilometers in total. I got lucky with the weather again and had a lovely walk around the park. My walk also coincided with the annual JDRF Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes.
Exploring Vancouver Day Two: Stanley Park
- Four Days Hiking on Flores Island — We spent the May 2015 long weekend hiking the Wild Side Trail on Flores Island in Clayoquot Sound, a 30 minute boat ride north of Tofino. The Wild Side Trail is one of my favorite coastal hikes on Vancouver Island. The 11 kilometre (22km roundtrip) trail traverses numerous beautiful beaches as well as lush headlands [...]
- Steve’s Visit to Nanaimo — I had my friend Steve from Australia visit in May. Steve and I met in Namibia when I was living there back in 2006. Steve has got a two year visa to explore Canada but was first on his way up to Alaska to climb Mount McKinley in the US Denali National Park, a formidable [...]
- French Beach Camping & East Sook... — Camped out at French Creek to provide quick access to the East Sooke hiking trail. The French Creek campsite is drive in, but quite private and has a beautiful beach close by to catch the sunset. We explored the East Sooke Trail on Saturday morning, drove into Victoria for the afternoon and returned to Nanaimo [...]
- Hiking the Juan de Fuca Trail — First backpacking hike and camping trip for the year! We explored the Juan de Fuca trail north of Sooke on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We hiked in Friday night to Mystic Beach (2km) then spent the Saturday hiking out and back to Bear Beach (14km) before returning to the trail head. The weather has been [...]
- Late Summer Trips: Quadra Island, Tap... — Catching up on some really old posts here! Trying to get disciplined about my blogging again. Apologies to any loyal readers. Below find a roundup of photos from late summer 2014 trips and hikes. Since summer is coming again I thought I needed to get these out. Summer 2014 was fantastic, with many great weekends [...]