When we arrived in downtown Vancouver we had a lovely dinner in Yaletown at Cioppinos’ Mediterranean Grill. We stayed just across from the BC Place Stadium, a short walk from Vancouver Community College. After the fist day of the conference we had a lovely tour of Vancouver’s historic Gastown district.
Exploring Vancouver: Yaletown, Gastown, Downtown
- Vancouver Whisky Festival — Went over to Vancouver for a conference presentation last Friday and decided to stay over for the Vancouver Hopscotch Festival. Hopscotch is a tasting festival of craft beer and fine whisky and featured a wide range of well known and lesser known producers. One had to pay for each sample, so things got costly quickly! However if [...]
- Vancouver trip with Kurt and Sarah — Had my two wonderful friends Kurtis and Sarah come visit me in Vancouver last week. I met up with them after the Open Education Conference also held in Vancouver which I was attending. We rented a condo in the heart of the city through the Vacation Rentals By Owner website, which I have to say was very [...]
- Returning to Nanaimo by Seaplane — I had a lovely few days in Vancouver! Its a very livable city: with tons of parkland, culture, restaurants, and lovely people. A couple things that really stood out for me: The transportation system in Vancouver should be commended: buses run on electric power just like Toronto’s streetcars but with no tracks!; all of the [...]
- Exploring Vancouver Day Two: Stanley ... — On my last day in Vancouver I hopped over to Stanley Park for a hike around. I decided to walk the perimeter of the park on the seawall which is about 9 kilometers in total. I got lucky with the weather again and had a lovely walk around the park. My walk also coincided with [...]
- Exploring Vancouver Day One: Granvill... — After the conference I opted to stay in Vancouver and look around for the weekend. I had to switch hotels so moved to the Empire Landmark at the north-west end of Robson street. I quite enjoyed this neighborhood, it was close enough to downtown and next to a large Korean community. The Empire Landmark feels [...]